Microsoft’s OneNote note-taking app has been updated to work better with online meetings. The new Meeting details feature lets you add the details of a scheduled Outlook meeting to a note, such as the subject, date, time, participants, and join link.
This can be helpful for taking notes during a meeting, or for keeping track of all the important details about a meeting in one place. To use the Meeting details feature, simply open the OneNote note where you want to add the meeting details, and then click the Meeting Details button on the Home tab.
From there, select the meeting from your Outlook calendar that you want to add details to, and then click Insert Details. OneNote will automatically add all of the relevant meeting details to your note.
What advantages does this function have?
OneNote’s Meeting details feature has several benefits for users who want to be more productive and organized in online meetings. Here are a few:
- Create a note before the meeting with the talking points, pending tasks, and attached documents. You can share this note with the participants so everyone is on the same page.
- Easily access the online meeting from the note. You don’t have to search for the meeting link elsewhere.
- Take notes during the meeting and sync them with the participants. This makes it easy to follow up and collaborate after the meeting.
- Add comments, images, audio, video, and other multimedia elements to the note. This enriches the information and makes it more interactive.
What’s new in OneNote in meetings
How to use this feature?
To use the function Meeting details, you need to have the latest version of OneNote installed and have an Outlook account with at least one meeting scheduled. The steps to follow are as follows:
- Open OneNote and create a new note or open an existing one.
- Click on the tab Insert and then on the button Meeting details.
- Select the desired meeting from the list that appears and click Insert details.
- The note will automatically populate with meeting details such as the subject, date, time, participants, and link to join.
- Add the content you want to the note, such as points to discuss, pending tasks, attached documents, etc.
- Share the note with meeting participants, if desired, by clicking the tab Share and then on the button Send a copy.